12 Clarence Road, LyndhurstRead full description
12 Clarence Road, Lyndhurst
2 Bedroom House - Sold STC
About 12 Clarence Road, Lyndhurst
A charming attached cottage which has been sympathetically extended and renovated to an exacting standard. Situated within central Lyndhurst located a short stroll from the village High Street and the open Forest. An inspection is essential to appreciate all that is on offer.
Proceed out of Lyndhurst onto Romsey Road and take the fourth right into Racecourse View which leads into The Custards, take a right into Clarence Road and Number 12 can be found on the left hand side.
This beautifully presented character cottage perfectly combines period features with modern informal living. Upon entering, a wonderful open-plan living space has been created from two original reception rooms, benefitting from two working fireplaces and underfloor heating. To the rear of the property, the newly fitted kitchen has been finished with Quartz worktops, a built-in Miele induction hob with extractor fan and a Grohe touch operated mixer tap. A luxurious addition are the three large Velux windows, gifting the space with an abundance of natural light, and the bi-fold doors which open onto the gardens. Completing the downstairs accommodation, is a useful enclosed reception room ideal for a home office or utility room.
A bespoke hand sanded staircase with balustrade gives access to the first floor which hosts two double bedrooms with fireplaces and original hand-sanded floors, and a newly refitted family bathroom with a freestanding natural stone bath, sink and shower tray. The property benefits from front and rear gardens and off-street parking.
• Multi-zone heating with a Vaillant combi boiler, under-floor heating downstairs and radiators upstairs.
• Sound & thermal insulation added to all internal walls and the downstairs ceilings.
• New electrical wiring & network cable throughout, new fuse box installed and electricity meter moved externally. TV and satellite cabling installed in living room and bedrooms.
• Easily accessible loft with minimal boarding, insulation is dual layer and recycled.
• Fire protection added, using fireboard plasterboard on internal walls upstairs and intumescent strips added to the internal oak doorframes.
• External telephone cables replaced to improve network connection and Openreach have added a new network connection to property.
Clarence Road is located within the village centre of Lyndhurst and a short stroll from the pretty High Street which offers an eclectic range of boutiques, eateries and public houses with a local library, village hall and visitor centre, Lyndhurst centre also has a doctors and dentist practice. Many schools are available in the surrounding area, with the closest being St Michaels Primary School situated at the top of Lyndhurst High Street, the highly regarded Bartley Infant and Junior School and Hounsdown Secondary School, recently rated ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED, with a school bus service available daily.
The M27 is only four miles to the north, easily accessed at Ower, providing fast road links to the south coast and London. There are two mainline railway stations, Ashurst within two and a half miles and Brockenhurst just shy of four miles with direct links to London Waterloo.
The local village of Emery Down is one of the New Forest National Park’s most popular villages, with its vibrant community, a village hall, church and the popular New Forest Inn public house. There is direct access to the open forest providing a network of footpaths and bridleways for walking and riding.
For those with an interest in sailing, Lymington is within 10 miles with its attractive local architecture and popular marina. Southampton is a vibrant, modern city which has the popular West Quay shopping centre and many attractions. The surrounding areas of Southampton and Winchester have a wide selection of well-respected private schools. The coastal resort town of Bournemouth is also only a short drive away.
Useful Additional Information
• Tenure: Freehold
• Sellers position: To be confirmed
• Heating: Gas central heating
• Council: New Forest District Council
• Council Tax Band: D
• Energy Performance Rating: Available upon request